Mission and Vision Statement
To bring Newfoundland and Labrador to the world.
We believe Newfoundland and Labrador to be a place of renowned prosperity, entrepreneurial excellence, honesty, beauty and deserved pride for generations to come. As a thriving young company with a strong reputation, we also believe that the Newfoundland Chocolate Company plays an important role in building the Newfoundland and Labrador of the future. Through our vision of making chocolate that is renowned across Canada as the best that people have ever had, our MISSION is to bring Newfoundland and Labrador to the world.
To make the best chocolate in Canada.
To make the best, most delicious, most ‘O MY GOD!’ fantastic chocolate in the country. We achieve this vision through our passion and positivity and by being the most effective cheerleaders of our OMG delicious chocolate through packaging, merchandising, marketing, promotion and customer service. When asked “what Newfoundland company are you most proud of?” we want the Newfoundland Chocolate Company to be at the top of the list.
- Artisan excellence. We value uncompromised quality and the creation of the finest, most delicious chocolates anywhere, we value the importance of ‘by hand’ craftsmanship.
- We are a proud Newfoundland Company. We are proud to be born in Newfoundland, based in Newfoundland, employing people here in Newfoundland and we’re proud to carry the Newfoundland name in our own. We value the loyalty our customers feel to us and we understand that for many that loyalty is tied to how we represent Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Honesty and Integrity. We value honesty in our product and we don’t say anything about our products or services we don’t know to be true. We value integrity in our words, actions and the products we put our names on. We value ethical business practices and we do everything in our power to ensure that through our business we are not indirectly supporting unethical practices elsewhere.
- Family. We value the family business. We believe that the values of this family business are more personal than they would be if we were not a family business. We are not a faceless corporation with shareholders concerned only for the size of their dividend cheques and their return on investment. We believe that a family business is a family business because of its values and regardless of its size. The family values at the core of the business extend to the business and all those in it. Through our loyalty, honesty and integrity to one another, we believe we are a NCC family.
- Beyond Exceptional Service. We value exceptional customer service. We value going way above and beyond and being renowned for our courteous, professional, outstanding service. We value the creation of experiences.
- Teamwork. We believe we must celebrate together as well as fall together. We value working together toward common goals and not in silos or in competition with one another.
- Community. We value our community and we feel an obligation to give back and set positive examples in our community.
- Accountability. We hold each other accountable and we in turn expect to be held accountable.
- Creativity. We are artisans. We are craftspeople and chocolatiers. We value creative thought and ideas and we value the innovation required to take an idea and make it a reality.
- FUN. We are a fun-loving company and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know we’re good and we’re proud of that but we reject pretentiousness. We know we’re lucky to be working with and for a chocolate company and we value the fun and childlike wonder of making and selling the most loved food in the world. We value laughter. We value the joy of relationships and friendships that our company creates.
- Adventure. The Newfoundland Chocolate Company was not created from timidity. It was born from entrepreneurial spirit, it was born from passion and born from a craving to build something cool. We value the adventure of building a business, the risks, the uncertainties, the leaps of faith, the ‘gut’ decisions, the mistakes (and what we learn from them) as well as the successes. We value the adventure that is before us – wherever and whatever road it takes us.
- Optimism, Positive Energy and Passion. We are not negative. We embrace new ideas, we create possibilities. We give energy to thinking of ways to make things possible, not criticism. We value a positive workplace. We value smiles and good mornings and pats on the back and sometimes even high fives and hugs. We are optimistic about the future of NCC and the future of Newfoundland and Labrador. We approach ideas and our ability to overcome challenges with relentless optimism. We value positivity. We value passion. We are passionate about great chocolate; we are passionate about our wonderful gourmet artisan chocolates. We are passionate about learning and developing more and more delicious chocolate, more and more challenging and creative chocolate projects, better and better and more and more beautiful and functional packaging. We are passionate about our store, our building, our business. We are passionate about the experiences we create. We celebrate our successes but are never content to rest on our laurels. We are always looking ahead.