Made here. Loved everywhere.
Do you love great chocolate?
Do you love Newfoundland and Labrador?
Are you a seasoned retail manager with positive energy to burn?
If so, the Newfoundland Chocolate Company is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced retail professional to lead a vibrant team of chocoholics as our Store Manager of our flagship store on Duckworth Street. At the Newfoundland Chocolate Company we love great chocolate and we have a vision of bringing our delicious chocolates to the world through our best in class retail shops. We’re a young, vibrant company with a list of business and chocolate accolades and awards. Our stores are celebrations of all things chocolate and feature cocoa trees, and chocolate trains! Our stores also boast the finest, friendliest most down to earth service you’ll find anywhere. That’s the Newfoundland way and it’s definitely the Newfoundland Chocolate way! Our stores offer fresh truffles and Italian ice cream which we make fresh on site daily. We make seriously delicious chocolate but we don’t take ourselves overly seriously. Our chocolate bars are fun and whimsical featuring colourful Jellybean row houses as well as the equally colourful language of Newfoundland. Our boxed chocolates are our proudest feature with absolutely mouth-watering chocolates housed in beautiful themed boxes which pay tribute to Newfoundland’s beauty, charm and culture.
Are you the person to manage the first of our unique and innovative chocolateries? The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum five years retail management experience, ideally in the chocolate or fine food, gift or other relevant product sector.
- A demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Exceptional, friendly, authentic and warm customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to coach, train and inspire others as well as to contribute as a key member of senior management team.
- An aptitude for merchandising and a proven ability to plan and implement in-store marketing strategies and events.
- A passion for fine food, particularly fine chocolate.
- Fun, outgoing, positive and enthusiastic personality.
- An eye for design and detail.
- A love of Newfoundland and a desire to share your pride of Newfoundland with the world through our artisan crafted chocolate.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package is available, commensurate with skills and experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2017.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.